Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Friday, December 8, 2023

8 DEC 23 Friday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 8 DEC 23 Friday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 16, 17; Amos 5:1-17; Jude 1-16; Matthew 22:1-14

The first week of Advent 


Question of the day: What are you pouring your life into that is eternal?


S- “For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.  You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” Psalm 16:10-11


O- Our future is set, is good, and beyond imagination for those in Christ.  We sometimes worry about the return of Jesus, for the wrong reasons because we are attached to this world and the things in it.  Everything you see before you is temporary and will come to an end.  Many of the people of this world are suffering or in poverty, so this is good news.  Those who are comfortable and have riches find it difficult to let go, but being with Jesus is greater than everything else.


A- I will reflect on my life this week and look at my family, career, and stuff, and compare it to being with Jesus. I will reset my daily rhythms to focus on eternal things versus the temporary.


P- Heavenly Father, as I read the passage from Psalm 16 today, it sparked feelings of thankfulness and joy that your Son Jesus’ future return.  It also made me feel like I have put things in my life that I don’t want to lose or let go of.  I know that in your presence everything else fades to black in comparison to the satisfaction that is found in you.  So help me Lord, to set the right perspectives now as I look to a future with you. Amen.


S- My Five.



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com