Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

13 DEC 23 Wednesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 13 DEC 23 Wednesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 38; Amos 8:1-14; Rev. 1:17-2:7; Matthew 23:1-12

The second week of Advent 


Question of the day: Are you a disciple worth multiplying?


S- “So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example.  For they don’t practice what they teach.” Matthew 23:3


O- In the story that Jesus tells, he is judging the religious leaders of the day and he is not happy with them.  They actually know the Scriptures but are not living them.  Their status has gained them favor, position, and wealth in their society, and it has caused a rot inside.  Jesus has a warning not to follow their example because their talk and walk don’t match.  This is also a warning or encouragement to us that we should make sure that we are doing what we say.  Our life needs to be an example to others, so they can see how to live out their faith.


A- I will seek out spiritual mentors who practice what they teach and ask them to examine my life to make sure that I am doing the same.  I desire to be an example for others to follow.


P- Lord God, to be in the crowd and hear Jesus say that our respected leaders are not worthy examples had to be shocking.  Your word sheds light on our need to examine the lives of those who are spiritual mentors and our own lives.  Am I a disciple worth multiplying? Am I an example to follow? Mold me and shape me Lord into the person that you want me to be and empower me to live that life. Amen.


S-My Five, Chris, 


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com