Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Monday, December 18, 2023

19 DEC 23 Tuesday: Coffee With Chaps Devotional

 19 DEC 23 Tuesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 45; Zech 2:1-13; Rev. 3:14-22; Matt. 24:32-44

The third week of Advent 


Question of the day: Have you checked your spiritual temperature?


S- “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! Rev. 3:15-16 


O- Jesus is concerned with our entire life and our spiritual temperature is an indicator of how we live out our faith.  To be lukewarm is to be indifferent to the commands of Christ and his daily guidance.  He gives us a pretty nasty reaction to that, he spits or barfs.  Have you ever tasted something you expected to be hot and it is lukewarm? It is disgusting, right? Thankfully Jesus corrects and disciplines the ones he loves and he expects us to turn from our indifference.

 

A- I will take a fresh and honest look in the mirror to examine my spiritual life and how I live out my faith.  I will ask God and my spiritual mentor if I am lukewarm and seek to live in a manner pleasing to God.


P- Most gracious and loving Lord, thank you for correcting and disciplining me.  Help me to be the person you have created me to be and to bring you glory and honor.  I don’t want to be a lukewarm disciple, but one that is on fire for you.  I want to hear you say, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant’ and not be spit out of your mouth.  In Jesus’ name, amen.


S- My Five (5 people God has given me to invest),  my spiritual mentor.




No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com