Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Sunday, December 10, 2023

10 DEC 23 Sunday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 10 DEC 23 Sunday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 148, 149, 150; Amos 6:1-14; 2 Thess. 1:5-12; Luke 1:57-68

The second week of Advent 


Question of the day: Are you living a life worthy of God’s call?


S- “So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call.  May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.  Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him.” 2 Thess. 1:11-12


O- When you realize that Paul is heaping praise and adoration on the church at Thessalonica because it has endured much suffering and persecution, it makes the weight of the verses above that more strong.  God’s call on our life can be lived out no matter the circumstance whether good or bad.  He gives us the power to live this life and accomplish everything he wants of us.  That is an encouraging word to strengthen our resolve.


A- I will pray for my fellow believers that God would enable them to live a life worthy of his call.  I will pray that for myself as well.


P- Lord, you are so good to us that you do not expect me to live this life in my own power.  You graciously give me the Holy Spirit to enable and empower me to live a life that will bring you honor and glory.  In that, I rejoice and give you praise.  Let your favor be upon me, and establish the work of my hands, yes, establish the work of my hands! Amen.


S- My Five. 


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com