Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Sunday, December 10, 2023

11 DEC 23 Monday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 11 DEC 23 Monday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 25; Amos 7:10-17; Rev. 1:9-16; Matthew 22:34-46

The second week of Advent 


Question of the day: Are you on the right path?


S- “Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.  Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you.” Psalm 25:4-5


O- This is a beautiful psalm of trust and surrender to God.  When we give our life to God, he will make a way for us and we will not be disgraced.  We have peace with God and we find happiness as we trust and obey his instruction daily.  The life he has given us to live is not complicated, it is putting one foot in front of the other every day by praying, reading, worshiping, serving, generosity, and sharing.  These rhythms reinforce the commitment we have made to follow Jesus and it makes us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually strong.


A- I will talk daily to the Lord asking for his direction and to empower me to do his will.  I will read, mark, and inwardly digest the Scriptures to feed my soul and hear from God.


P- Heavenly Father, your mercies are new every morning and you give me peace and power when I read your word.  Thank you for the life of David and how he testifies to his daily walk with you.  His life was not perfect, in fact, he was a hot mess at times like me.  Thank you for showing me the path to life and joy.  Help me this day to glorify you in my job, and relationships, and give me boldness to share with others. Amen. 


S- My Five. 



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com