Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Thursday, December 7, 2023

7 DEC 23 Thursday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 7 DEC 23 Thursday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 18:1-20; Amos 4:6-13; 2 Peter  3:11-18; Matthew 21:33-46

The first week of Advent 


Question of the day: Are you and the people around you prepared to meet their maker?


S- “Therefore, I will bring upon you all the disasters I have announced.  Prepare to meet your God in judgment, you people of Israel!” Amos 4:12


O- Advent speaks to the anticipation of Jesus’ second coming which is a beautiful and wonderful thing for believers since we are in right standing with God. We look forward to it with joy, desiring to see Jesus in all of his glory and spend eternity in his presence.  It is not something that an unbeliever wants to see.  It is the end of mercy, grace, and love because God’s patience is completed and his justice is unleashed because they rejected Him. 


A- I will pray for those around me and share the good news of Jesus with them.  I will live my life in a manner that keeps the tension of Jesus’ return tight.  I will give thanks for Jesus saving me and forgiving me of my sins thereby making me right with God.


P- Heavenly Father, today I praise you for your goodness, love, and faithfulness to me and my family.  I look forward to seeing the return of your Son Jesus, but my heart breaks now for those who do not know you and are not saved.  So God, help all the believers, especially me, to be about sharing the good news and prepare the hearts of those who are to hear.  In Jesus’ name, amen.


S- Who will share the gospel? A, M



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com