Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Monday, December 11, 2023

12 DEC 23 Tuesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 12 DEC 23 Tuesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 26, 28; Amos 7:1-9; Rev. 1:1-8; Matthew 22:23-33

The second week of Advent 


Question of the day: Will you pass God’s plumb line test?


S- “Then he showed me another vision.  I saw the Lord standing beside a wall that had been built using a plumb line.  He was using a plumb line to see if it was still straight.  And the Lord said to me, Amos, what do you see? I answered, A plumb line.  And the Lord replied I will test my people with this plumb line.  I will no longer ignore all their sins.” Amos 7:7-8


O- Plumb lines are used in construction to make sure that the walls of buildings are straight.  If they are not the strength of the structure is degraded and will likely collapse under stress loads and weather events.  God uses his plumb line to measure a person to see if their lives are straight.  Sin will ultimately cause the destruction of our building, i.e. our life.


A- I will own up to my sin and repent of it.  I will seek the counsel of Godly men to examine my life and encourage me to live a life that is pleasing to God.


P- Lord, the words given to Amos are convicting, but I need to hear them.  Measure your plumb line against my life and expose where I need to surrender and embrace your ways.  Forgive me for sinning against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart or my neighbor as myself.  I am truly sorry and I humbly repent.  Amen


S-H, R, Bh, 

No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com