Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Friday, September 30, 2022

30 SEP 22 Friday SOAPS DEVOTIONAL

 30 SEP 22 Friday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 102; Hosea 10:1-15; Acts 21:37-22:16; Luke 6:12-26


Are you putting your faith in politics and politicians?


S- But even if we had a king, what could he do for us anyway? They spout empty words and make covenants they don’t intend to keep.  So injustice springs up among them like poisonous weeds in a farmer’s field.  Hosea 10:4


O- The Jews looked for and worshiped anything or anyone that would give them the life they desired.  They put their trust in leaders and idols that didn’t deliver on promises made.  When we put our trust in men or systems of government or military might, then we will suffer.  God calls us to repent of this and make him king of our lives.


A- I will trust in the Lord to do what he desires with my life and country.  I will trust in his ways and obey his commands and decrees.


P- My Lord, forgive me for putting my faith in politicians and political systems.  The best of men are men at best and systems are just as flawed no matter how good they are.  Help me to stay focused on what your will is and do the things you have called me to do.  Grant that my satisfaction will be found in you and the joy of your salvation will rest on me. Amen.


S- M, A,



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com