Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

20 SEP 22 Tuesday SOAPS Devotional

 20 SEP 22 Tuesday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 78:1-39; Esther 5:1-14; Acts 18:12-28; Luke 3:15-22


Are you giving lip service to God or have you surrendered completely?


S-But in spite of this, the people kept sinning.  Despite his wonders, they refused to trust him.  But all they gave him was lip service; they lied to him with their tongues.  Their hearts were not loyal to him. They did not keep his covenant. Psalm 78:32, 36-37


O- This psalm recounts the Jews' relationship with God after being delivered from slavery.  Their memory and true love for God was reduced to a transactional relationship.  They desired a cosmic vending machine without any strings attached.  We can be that way too.  We can forget that God saved us from his wrath and the penalty of death so that we could live for him and not ourselves.  We can always trust him to do what is best regardless of what we go through.


A- I will give thanks to God for who he is and what he has done for me.  I will daily submit my life to him to do as he desires.  I will demonstrate my love and trust in him by obeying all that he has commanded.  I will find my satisfaction in God.


P- Lord, you have done great things in my life and for all those that confess your name.  Thank you for blessing me with salvation and eternal life.  Help me not to forget what you have done and to worship you with my life.  Amen.


S- R, D, B

#acloserwalk #thefishermansline 


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com