Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Thursday, November 17, 2022

17 NOV 22 Thursday SOAPS Devotional

17 NOV 22 Thursday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 105:1-22; Mal. 2:1-16; Jam. 4:13-5:6; Luke 17:20-37


Are you chasing after your desires or God’s?


S- Come now, you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make profit-yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring.  What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. James 4:13-14


O- We are designed with the purpose to do the will of God and enjoying him forever.  We chase after a desire that is outside of the will of God and we know it.  We are consumed by it, forgetting that God is sovereign and can end us at any time.  Happiness and satisfaction are not found outside of God and his will.  All other pursuits are a fool's errand.


A- I will repent of the parts of my life that I strive after that are not in alignment with God’s will.  I will focus on living for him and not myself.


P- Gracious Lord, you are sovereign and hold the keys to my future.  Forgive me for chasing my own will over against yours.  Help me to align my life with your will and seek my satisfaction in you.  Grant that my life will bring you joy.  Amen.


S- K, L


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com