Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

15 NOV 22 Tuesday SOAPS Devotional

 15 NOV 22 Tuesday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 97, 99; Hab. 3:1-18; Jam. 3:1-12; Luke 17:1-10


Why do you serve?


S- Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? So you also, when you have done all that you are commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’ Luke 17:9-10


O- We can approach serving God with wrong motives to either gain something or do our duty.  We expect praise for doing something we ought and yet the majority don’t even do that and still expect praise or reward.  It comes down to the fact that our heart is not in it.  We obey Jesus because we love him. (Jn 14:15) The opposite is true too, plain and simple.


A- I will repent for not serving with the right heart.  I will give thanks that Jesus desires for us to be about the Father’s work and  I get to do this.


P- Heavenly Father, I give thanks that you hear my prayer and desire a close relationship.  Forgive me for not always serving you with the right motives and intentions.  Help me to remember that obedience is a reflection of my love for you. Thank you for allowing me to serve you.  In your matchless name, I pray. Amen.


S-C, M



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com