Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

16 NOV 22 Wednesday SOAPS Devotional

 16 NOV 22 Wednesday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 101, 109:20-30; Mal. 1:1, 6-14; Jam. 3:13-4:12; Luke 17:11-19


Are you friends with the world?


S- You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4


O- Culture, Ideology, and politics are the ways of the world and craft a view of God that is false and insulting.  The world promises to deliver on some need or desire but always fails, leaving people dissatisfied.  James doesn’t want followers of Jesus to get sucked into the world’s ways because it is detrimental to our relationship and our mental health.  God views friendship with the world as spiritual adultery.


A- I will examine my life to determine if I am aligned with the world’s culture, ideology, or politics. I will align myself with the Lord,  his mission, and his vision for my life.


P- Heavenly Father, examine my heart and help me not to offend you and harm our relationship.  Is there a part of me that has adopted the world’s ways or grown dependent on their solutions? Forgive me.  Give me the wisdom to discern and to live in a manner that is pleasing to you.  Amen.


S- R, R



No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com