Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Thursday, October 13, 2022

13 OCT 22 Thursday SOAPS Devotional

 13 OCT 22 Thursday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 18:1-20; Jonah 3:1-4:11; Acts 27:27-44; Luke 9:18-27


S-So he complained to the Lord about it: “Didn’t I say before I left home that you would do this, Lord? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you are a merciful and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.  You are eager to turn back from destroying people. Jonah 4:2


O- Understanding the character and attributes of God is a must as we face the challenges and struggles of life.  Jonah was not happy with God that he might save his enemy, but God cared for these people.  He desired salvation for them and not destruction.  It was God’s good pleasure to save this group of people who didn’t deserve it.


A- I will give thanks to the Lord for he is worthy to be praised for saving a wretch like me.  I will embrace the Lord’s attributes and character as I face life's challenges, knowing that He will act to ensure His will is done.


P- Merciful and gracious Lord, I entrust to you my life and those in my life.  Our friends and family struggle with issues of health, job, and housing insecurity, among other things.  We trust in your unfailing love, mercy, and compassion.  May your will be done in our lives.  Amen.


S-S, A


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com