Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

23 AUG 22 Tuesday SOAPS DEVO

 23 AUG 22 Tuesday SOAPS DEVO

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 5,6; Job 6:1-4, 8-15, 21; Acts 9:32-43; John 6:60-71


S- The Spirit alone gives eternal life.  Human effort accomplishes nothing.  And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. John 6:63


O- From time to time, I have to remind myself how salvation works.  It is not on me to wax eloquently on a passage of Scripture or on the individual to respond, but it is on the Spirit.  All of us are spiritually dead at one point and it is the Spirit that makes our spirit alive.  It is Him that moves our hearts into receiving the message giving ears to hear and eyes to see enabling belief.


A- I will trust in the work of the Holy Spirit and rejoice when a sheep is found.  I will not trust in my ability to convey the gospel or be frustrated that others don’t get it or receive it.  I will faithfully share the good news and wait on the Holy Spirit to breathe afresh on the hearer.


P- Lord, the movement and work of the Holy Spirit is a mystery choosing one and not another.  Sometimes it is not time or not at all and that can be frustrating or down right painful.  I put my trust and those people in your hands.  May your will be done. Amen.


S- C, B, R


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com