Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Monday, January 1, 2024

1 JAN 24 Monday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 1 Jan 24 Monday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 103; Isa. 62:1-5, :10-12; Rev. 19:11-16; Matthew 1:18-25

The week of the First Sunday after Christmas  


Question of the day: Have you reflected on what God did last year? Do you look forward to what he will do this year?


S- “Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.  Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.” Psalm 103:1-2


O- As we transition from one year to another, it always gives us time to reflect on what God has done for us.  It is wonderful when God shows us how he directs our steps and teaches us through good and difficult times.  Today we stand in a new day and year looking forward to what God will do this year with eager anticipation.  God is always working out his will and ways in the big picture but also has us in mind to be a part of that.  That is awesome!


A- I will give thanks and praise to the Lord for all that he has done in my life this past year.  I will worship in gladness for helping me day to day as I learn the easy way and even the hard way.  


P- Heavenly Father, you are wonderful to me and I don’t deserve it.  You show up in my weaknesses and in my mistakes to help me reset and understand how to be better.  I thank you for your continual guidance and care and for showing me all that you have done in my life this past year and the impact you had through me.  I look forward to experiencing more of you this new year.  Mold me and shape me into the man you want me to be, in Christ’s name amen.


S- The seven people you have given me to care for and invest in.


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com