Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

3 JAN 24 Wednesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional

 3 Jan 24 Wednesday: Coffee with Chaps Devotional


SOAPS (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer, Share) 


Reading Plan: Psalm 68; 1 Kings  19:9-18; Eph. 4:17-32; John 6:12-27

The week of the First Sunday after Christmas  


Question of the day: Do others see you as righteous and holy?


S- “Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception.  Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.  Put on your new nature, created to be like God, truly righteous and holy.” Eph. 4:22-23


O- One of the functions of the church and every believer is to become more like Jesus.  Paul desires to help shape new believers by explaining to them the difference between their old life and the new life given to them by Jesus.  We have a new nature, purpose, and lifestyle that is to be marked by righteousness and holiness.  Paul wants us to be focused on this and strive with the Spirit’s help to this end.  How are you doing with this?


A-  I will seek the counsel of a spiritual mentor to help examine my life to see if I am truly pursuing the life God intends for me to live.  I will yield to the Holy Spirit as he exposes and renews my thoughts and attitudes to conform to his will.


P- Gracious Lord, thank you for saving me and giving me the opportunity to live for you and not myself.  Examine my life Lord, and help me to become righteous and holy.  In my old life, I followed my desires and much of it was sinful.  Help me to desire what you do and to live in a manner worthy of your name.  In Christ’s name, amen.


S- The seven people you have given me to care for and invest in.




No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com