Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Thursday, February 2, 2023

2 FEB 23 Thursday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 2 FEB 23 Thursday: A Closer Walk Devotional

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10-11

Do you believe that God’s word is effective?

Twenty some odd years ago, I began to really seek the Lord in the Scriptures and was compelled to share the Good News with others.  For someone that didn’t know how to do it or what to expect, the word not only brought comfort to me it also brought confidence.  A good friend saw that I was on fire to do whatever the Lord wanted me to do.  He knew that people in the church were ready to throw a wet blanket on me too and he pointed me to Isaiah 55:10-11.

Being hungry, I went and read the entire chapter over and over again.  It really helped me to understand my role as a messenger of the Word of God and God being the Sovereign Savior to do what he desired with whom he desired.  If I would faithfully sow the seed, God would give the increase.  It wasn’t on me to know everything, be eloquent, or be persuasive in order to seal the deal like a salesman.  

God alone would make the Word effective in the lives he desired.  I just needed to be faithful in sharing it and invest deeply in the ones that came to faith.  It takes faith in God’s sovereign will and plans because His plans and ways are not ours.  I will say that he has always shown me that there are people in my oikos (social network) that are already prepared to receive the word.  That has kept me on fire for him until this day.  May it do the same for you.

Heavenly Father, you are a masterful orchestrator of creation that weaves your will through the ages to bring about all that you desire.  You have made life an adventure that makes me cling to you and take joy in knowing you are with me.  Empower me to trust in your lead when I don’t understand what you are doing. Give me boldness to share your words and to leave the results to you.  In your great name I pray, amen.

Reading Plan: Psalm 71; Isa. 55:1-13; Gal. 5:1-15; Mark  8:27-9:1

Daily Office Year 1


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com