Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

22 FEB 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 22 FEB 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional

“When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long.  Finally, I confessed my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt.  I said to myself, I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.  And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.” Psalm 32:3, 5

Today is the start of Lent, which is the 40 days prior to Easter, when the church takes time for self-examination and repentance.  Setting new rhythms such as prayer, self-denial, fasting and by reading and meditating on God’s holy Word gives us the opportunity to seek Him like no other time.  It exposes our mortality, our human nature, and our standing with God.

The psalm shows how we naturally handle being in sin.  Like Adam and Eve we hide at first and try to avoid dealing with it.  Sin deals emotional and spiritual damage and we begin to feel it physically.  Guilt actually serves a purpose.  God put his law on all of our hearts and when we sin it triggers an internal response that doesn’t feel good.  We know we have done wrong and guilt is supposed to move us to repentance in order to be set free.

The psalmist can’t stand the guilt anymore and wants relief and to be right with God.  When you confess your sins and rebellion against God, then he will forgive you because Jesus has taken the penalty of your sins on the cross.  He is faithful to restore that relationship and take your guilt away.  This is something to rejoice about! You can be free from the guilt and the penalty of your sins.   Lent is a great time to get right with God.

Is the guilt of your sins weighing you down? Why not settle your accounts with God now?

Reading Plan: Psalm 32, 95, 143; Jonah 3:1-4:11; Hebrews 12:1-14; Luke 18:9-14

Daily Office Year 1


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com