Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

26 OCT 23 Thursday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 26 OCT 23 Thursday: A Closer Walk Devotional


“The Lord fulfilled the prophecy he had given through Jeremiah.  He stirred the heart of Cyrus to put this proclamation in writing and send it throughout his Kingdom.” Ezra 1:1


This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Has the Lord just done something in you that won’t go away? As a child, I remember my eyes being opened to the gospel.  It came through understanding what sin is and my need for Jesus.  I hadn’t done much as a kid, but it didn’t matter because God was initiating a relationship with me.  My heart stirred and was moved to the action of repentance and trust.


As a teenager, God stirred my heart in the midst of many youth group meetings and trips.  Sometimes he convicted me of sin and other times, he moved me with a passion for him or the lost.  Throughout my life, I have experienced God stirring my heart and implanting new desires in my heart for His work. (Ps. 37) It never goes away but tends to ebb and flow as I do life.  Some days are stronger and more intense than others, but it is always there bubbling up.


The passage hit me this morning as I opened up Ezra and read, “He stirred the heart of Cyrus”.  Such a small pebble hitting the pond of my heart and creating a ripple of memories that lead to worship and abiding. God is so wonderful and the magnitude of his grace is something to experience.  God throughout history works on the hearts of leaders of countries to shape history.  


Sometimes he uses the enemies of his people to correct, discipline, and pass judgment.  He also uses our enemies to move us into the places he expects us to go. (Acts 8:1) He takes nobodies, people you wouldn’t expect, and uses them to do great things.  Being stirred by God is a great thing and we should expect it, look for it, and ask for him to do it.  When he does stir his desires and plans into you, they will stay with you until you meet him face to face.  I’m sure of that!


Is God stirring in you?


Reading Plan: Psalm 37:1-18; Ezra 1:1-11 ; 1 Cor. 16:1-9; Matt. 12:15-21







No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com