Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

7 DEC 22 Wednesday SOAPS Devotional

 7 DEC 22 Wednesday SOAPS Devotional

(Scripture, Observation, Apply, Pray, Share)


Reading Plan: Psalm 38; Isa. 6:1-13; 2 Thes. 1:1-12; John 7:53-8:11

The Second week of Advent


Is what you are prompted to do, ultimately going to honor Jesus?


S- So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all good things your faith prompts you to do.  Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. 2 Thes. 1:11-12


O- Reading some of Foxes book of Martyrs, you realize that the church has endured many trials until today.  Persecution and death for Christians are actually higher than any time of history.  Yet, we can endure with joy.  Trusting in God’s word over our feelings and embracing the suffering gives way to faithful and impactful living.  What is God prompting you to do? Do it to his glory and Jesus will be honored.


A- I will do all that God prompts me to do.  I will faithfully abide in him and his word so that I can hear the cues.


P- Heavenly Father, reading your Scriptures and meditating on them brings me much joy and satisfaction.  Please guide me and use me in a manner that brings you glory and honor.  Today is a new day, help me to overcome sin and to endure the hardships that come from being your child. Shape me into the man you desire me to be.  Amen.


S- P, S


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com