Day 1 — Stop Keeping Score
Scripture:
“So the last will be first, and the first last.”
— Matthew 20:16
Reflection
We are naturally inclined to keep score. We notice who got the promotion, who received the recognition, who has the bigger house, who seems to have an easier life, or whose ministry appears more successful.
Sometimes we even keep score with God. “God, I’ve served You for years. I’ve sacrificed. I’ve been faithful. Shouldn’t I have more?” The workers who had labored all day in Jesus’ parable did exactly that. They compared their work with the workers who had only worked a few hours.
Their problem wasn’t that they had been cheated. They received exactly what they had agreed to receive. Their problem was comparison. Someone else’s blessing made them question their own. Comparison can steal our gratitude because it shifts our attention from what God has given us to what God has given someone else.
God doesn’t ask us to keep score. He asks us to trust Him. You may not have everything someone else has, but you have received something you could never earn: the grace of God.
Prayer
Lord, forgive me for the times I compare my life with others. Help me stop keeping score and recognize the blessings You have already given me. Give me a grateful heart that trusts Your goodness. Amen.
Today’s Challenge
When you catch yourself comparing yourself with someone else today, stop and thank God for three things He has given you.
No comments:
Post a Comment