Day 5 — Manage His Mercy Well
Scripture:
“Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?”
— Matthew 18:33
Reflection
The servant in Jesus’ parable had received incredible mercy. But he didn’t manage that mercy well. He had been forgiven an enormous debt, yet he refused to forgive someone who owed him a much smaller debt. His problem wasn’t that he didn’t understand mercy.
His problem was that he had received mercy without allowing it to transform him. That is the challenge for us. God has been merciful to us. Now He calls us to be merciful toward others. The question isn’t simply:
“How many times do I have to forgive?”
The better question is:
“How can I, as someone who has been forgiven so much, refuse to extend forgiveness to someone else?”
We have received God’s mercy. Now Jesus calls us to manage His mercy well. When we forgive, we become more like Christ. When we refuse bitterness, we reflect His grace. When we pursue peace, we show the world what the gospel looks like in real life.
Prayer
Father, thank You for the mercy You have shown me. Help me manage Your mercy well. Make me quick to repent, quick to apologize, quick to forgive, and eager to pursue peace. Let my life point others toward Jesus and the forgiveness found in Him. Amen.
Today’s Challenge
Ask yourself: Who do I need to forgive? What bitterness do I need to release? What step toward peace can I take? Then place that person and that situation in God’s hands.
Closing Thought
We forgive not because the wound wasn’t real, but because God’s mercy is real. We have been forgiven much. Now let us learn to forgive.
No comments:
Post a Comment