Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

10 JUL 24 Coffee with Chaps Devotional: Walking through anxiety and worry Day 4


 

Day 4: What happens when your protective factors fail?


“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand.” Isaiah 41:10


There are times in our lives when we experience great trials, suffering, or major life-changing events.  During these moments we can start to fray emotionally, mentally, and physically to the point of a breakdown.  We can feel trapped and no longer see a way out of the situation.  This is because we rely on our insulating and protective factors like friendship, diet, exercise, sense of self-worth, purpose, practice of faith or community and those things start to fail.  What do you do?


At all times, we have to instead rely on God instead of our own self.  We have to remember that God is present and available.  He knows you, cares for you, and expects you to have life trials.  In the passage above, he draws you to himself in times of suffering and allows you to experience him as your strength, your help, your enabler, and the one who can bring you through it all.  A common love and grace is available to all humans, but here you find a particular love and grace available to his children alone.  He promises to be with you moment by moment, not only for your good and his glory.


Heavenly Father,  nothing is helping me cope and I feel like I’m trapped in this situation. (Pain/loss/illness) I need you.  Please help me to believe that you are here with me and to experience you.  You are my God and I am your child, so show me the way to glorify you in the middle of my distress.  Be my strength, my guide, my helper, my pillar, and deliver me with your mighty hand I pray, amen. 

No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com