Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

22 NOV 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 22 NOV 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional


“I will search for faithful people to be my companions.  Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me.  I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence.”  Psalm 101: 6-7


The words above were penned by King David addressing the people whom he would call friends or co-workers or servants.  He had been burnt by people around him and couldn’t trust them to be righteous, upright (integrity), and support the call of God on his life.  When I first read this, it stopped me in my tracks.  I asked myself, am I choosing my friends with any standard? What about God?


Even in our readings today, Revelation 21:8 says that the very same people David doesn’t want in his life will not enter heaven, but be cast into the lake of fire.  One of those traits that stands out in both is liars.  We take it for granted these days that lying is okay.  Our political leaders from top to bottom, business people, religious people, and even children all lie.  It is often the first thing that comes out of a person is a lie.


Yet, if you lie in court to a judge or Congress there is a penalty and sentence of jail.  David is setting the standard high that the people he will associate with will be people of integrity.  He needs to know that he can trust them.  One thing is for sure, he can trust God because he does not lie, ever.  God has not changed the 10 Commandments and the 9th is no lying.  If that was the only sin you committed, God would be justified in barring you from heaven.  We have actually broken them all, so what do you do?


First, you need to own that you are a liar. Quit making excuses that everyone else does it or it is no big deal.  It is a big deal, have you been lied to? How did you like it? It is a big deal to God and he doesn’t appreciate that you take sin and evil lightly.  Lying is a sin and evil.


What kind of friend are you to God?


Reading Plan: Psalm 101, 109:1-4, 20-30; Proverbs 22; Rev. 21:1-8; Matt. 17:22-27





No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com