Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

15 NOV23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 15 NOV 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional


  “Oh, how I love your instructions! I think about them all day long.  Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are my constant guide.” Psalm 119:97-98


When I read the passages for my daily reading listed below, I found that the psalm hit me today.  I read it and read it again.  Later I read it again and just thought about the things it was showing me about God, David, and me.  Then I began to talk to God about it and what he wanted me to know.


Before I knew it, I had a long conversation with the Lord and was just thankful to spend time with him.  It reminded me of the passage in John’s gospel when Jesus teaches on the True Vine.  He said, Yes I am the vine and you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing.  


There is something to be said about abiding or remaining in Christ that you grow deeper in your relationship with him and he fills you with what you need to make it through each day. David himself tells us in the Psalms the secret to his relationship, cherish your time with God and savor his words in your mouth and mind.  This will make you spiritually healthy and strong.


Do you meditate on the Scriptures and pray them to God?


Reading Plan: Psalm 119:97-120; Neh. 7:73b-8:3, 5-18; Rev. 18:21-24; Matt. 15:29-39 


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com