Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

24 MAY 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 24 MAY 23 Wednesday: A Closer Walk Devotional


“I will be careful to live a blameless life-when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.  I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.  I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them.  I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil.” Psalm 101: 2-4


Psalm 101 is a short chapter but swings a heavy punch.  While I eat breakfast in the morning, I scan the news to see what is happening in the world from entertainment to politics and everything in between.  Then I pray and open the word of God to truly feed my soul with real nourishment.  The Lord speaks truth into my daily life of what is good and evil.  He sheds light on the dark places of my heart and on the path He expects me to walk.


As I read this today, I recall the images and headlines on the news feed.  It is clear when I look at the word of God, wickedness stands out in the world and in my own life.  God’s wisdom and direction are there in the Word if you read it.  A course of action is to ask, ‘Am I living a blameless life? Am I godly and righteous in name only? Then intentionally look to make changes to the things you currently know.


Thankfully God doesn’t normally reveal all of our issues to us at once.  God did that with Isaiah and he felt undone, ruined.  That’s probably an understatement.  We can work to live the life God wants for us, but we have to deal with our problems head-on with God’s help and our fellow believers.  These three verses above are enough to keep us busy for most of our life.  It starts with you and what you feed on.  You are what you eat.


News, politics (worldviews), Instagram, FB, other social media, music, and movies are good place to start.  You are affected by what you take in and can cause spiritual and moral drift.  We have to be intentional in fighting these things and embracing Jesus.


What are you doing to live a blameless and righteous life?


Reading Plan: Psalm 101, 109:1-4, 20-30; Ezek. 11:14-25, 23; Heb. 7:1-17;  Luke. 10:17-24

No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com