Our purpose is to teach people to follow Jesus and be fishers of men. Dedicated to evangelism, disciple making disciples, T4T, Pioneer Church Planting, and being a catalyst for Disciple Making Movements (DMM). We train in theory (classroom) and live action discipleship. (harvest)

Sunday, March 19, 2023

19 MAR 23 Sunday: A Closer Walk Devotional

 19 MAR 23 Sunday: A Closer Walk Devotional

“Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth! Sing about the glory of his name! Tell the world how glorious he is.  Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.” Psalm 66:1, 16

“Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word.  Tell me the story oh so precious, sweetest that ever was heard.”  That song has stayed etched into my mind since I was a child.  God gave me a story to tell since I was seven years of age.  It was then that I surrendered my life to him.  God has always been faithful to me.

I was blessed to be raised in a godly family and they were faithful to bring me up in the faith.  My parents were great models of faith to me, but I also had and have a host of relatives that also walk with the Lord.  My life has been a rollercoaster adventure.  There were times that I would take the wheel and run my life off road and wreck it, but Jesus dusted me off and rebuilt me.  He has been patient with me for sure.

The Lord has allowed me to go from a hot mess and no direction, to one with peace and purpose.  He has allowed me to tell my story of the wonderful things he has done in and through me.  He is glorious and faithful and has blessed me in every way.  He has given me a passion to tell other people about him.  That has borne more fruit than I can share.

What has Jesus done in your life? Are you telling anybody?

Reading Plan: Psalm 66, 67; Jer. 14:1-9, 17-22; Gal. 4:21-5:1; Mark 8:11-21

Daily Office Year 1


No comments:

Mission Network News

Prayer Requests

How may we pray for you? We consider it a privilege to bring your requests and praises before God.

homejax@gmail.com